Contacting us by email is the best way to get answers to your Family Weekend questions. Please email us directly at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the links below plus our Frequently Asked Questions may be helpful in answering some common questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
The dates for Family Weekend 2023 are Friday, September 22 through Sunday, September 24. The Wake Forest football team will face Georgia Tech at Allegacy Field on Saturday, September 23.
To purchase tickets, visit the Athletics website.
The game at Allegacy Stadium is scheduled for Saturday, September 23 against Georgia Tech at 6:30pm.
Do I need a ticket for my student? Students can get a free ticket to sit in the students’ football section with the Screamin’ Demon Rewards App (ticket claims open at noon the Monday before the game: Sept. 18 at noon ET). If your student wants to sit with you, you will need to purchase a ticket for your student. Standard tickets start at $75 and there are a variety of purchase options available. See full details.
Families may wish to act now to secure a hotel or other lodging for the weekend. We encourage families to consider Air BNBs, VRBOs, etc. as well as hotels outside the immediate near-campus/downtown Winston-Salem vicinity; there are some great hotels in Greensboro and High Point (about a 30ish minute drive from campus). For a list of local hotels, check visitwinstonsalem.com.
The $50 Family Registration includes visitor badges for up to 4 visiting family members and a game day spirit pack. If your party will include more than 4 campus visitors, additional badges may be also be purchased at $15 each.
The badges allow families to attend the Deacon Family Festival and participate in giveaway activities, and enable access to all signature Family Weekend campus activities. In addition, on Game Day families registered for the weekend are welcome to join their Deacons for food trucks, music, and fun at the tailgates before kickoff.
There are a few events that will require an extra ticket such as the Football game (purchased from the Athletics website) fast. Tickets for meals can be purchased with your registration.
Students will not need a badge to participate in activities on campus.
Making changes is easy. View this short guide to learn how.
Refunds are available for cancelled items until 11:45pm on September 3. It’s still possible to make changes until September 17, but all items become non-refundable.
The game time has been set for 6:30pm.
The student tailgate area opens at 3:30pm and can be accessed via Gate 4 with a game ticket and Family Weekend credential. Wake Forest Athletics also offers tailgating packages which will be announced during the summer. These packages are limited.
21. Local Alcohol Law Enforcement (ALE) has been known to attend tailgates and look for underage drinkers and have issued citations to students for underage consumption. In some families’ home states, the consumption of alcohol by a child, when the alcohol is provided by the parent, is allowed, but that is not the case in NC.
- Refunds are available for items cancelled prior to 11:45 PM on September 3, 2023. After this date all purchases are non-refundable.
- Processing time for refunds is 3-5 business days. After processing, the posting time is determined by your bank.
- If you cancel items on the same day you purchased them, you will receive a system email that indicates your refund has failed. This happens when a refund is requested before the original purchase has completed processing. You can disregard this message as it simply indicates your refund is pending and will be processed the following day.
- In the event of inclement weather, this refund policy continues to apply.
If you cancel items on the same day you purchased them, you will receive a system email that indicates your refund has failed. This happens when a refund is requested before the original purchase has completed processing. You can disregard this message as it simply indicates your refund is pending and will be processed the following day.
If you received this message for any other scenario, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help.
There are a small number of ticketed events during the weekend. Please check the list below for which will require tickets for students to attend with the family:
- Family Weekend credentials badge – students will not need a badge
- Reynolda House self-guided tours (regular museum admission) – students are admitted at no charge with student ID
- Other Reynolda House tours (special Family Weekend tours) – your student will need a ticket
- Reynolda Gardens tours – students may attend with paid visitors at no charge
- Backyard Barbeque and More – your student will need a ticket
- WFU versus Georgia Tech football game – students can get a free ticket to sit in the students’ football section with the Screamin’ Demon Rewards App (ticket claims open at noon the Monday before the game: Sept. 18 at noon ET). If your student wants to sit with you, you will need to purchase a ticket for your student.
- Farewell Brunch – your student will need a ticket
For ticketing questions, please contact the WFU Athletic Ticket Office at 336.758.3322 or email email@example.com.
To learn more about Game Day parking, clear bag policies, mobile ticketing instructions and more, visit the Game Day Guide page at godeacs.com.