Handicapped parking is on a first-come, first-served basis in the lot at David F. Couch Baseball Park (adjacent to football stadium). Shuttles will transport from the parking lot to the entrance of the football stadium.
The front entrance has an entry ramp that brings you to the 3rd floor of Benson, where the Registration area is located. There is handicapped parking in front of the building and elevator access once inside.
There will numerous 55 passenger buses available to transport our families to and from the football stadium. At least one bus will have handicapped accessibility. The buses will run continuously throughout the day.
The stadium is accessible by ramp at the south end of the facility, closest to the Miller Center. See the accessibility map (37) for clarification.
The Green Room is accessible through the second-floor lobby of Reynolda Hall, which opens onto Hearn Plaza. Hearn Plaza is equipped with ramps. To access the Green Room from the first floor, enter the building on a ramp and take the elevator to the second floor.
The formal gardens are accessible by barrier-free entrance on the west side. The greenhouse and Conservatory are entered through the door facing the formal gardens. Pathways in the formal gardens are grass, crushed stone, and slate. Nature trails are chipped bark or gravel. Parking is available in front of the greenhouses. Restrooms are located at the east entrance to the formal gardens beside the greenhouse. Contact Reynolda Gardens for more information.
The museum welcomes and encourages visitors with disabilities to contact us prior to your visit so that we may better accommodate you.
- Four handicapped parking spaces are available immediately adjacent to the Museum entrance with two additional spaces in lower Parking Lot 1A.
- Visitors who use wheelchairs/and or walkers may enter the main entry using a side ramp.
- Two wheelchairs are available upon request at the front desk at no charge.
- Lightweight gallery stools may be requested at the front desk at no charge.
- Public elevators provide access to all levels of the Museum.
- Public restrooms with accessibility features are located in the historic house and on the main and gallery levels of the Babcock Wing.
- Headsets to play the audio guide are available at the front desk at no charge.
- Large print text of the audio guide is available upon request at the front desk at no charge.
- Sign language interpreters or any other assistance staff accompanying a visitor are welcome at no additional charge.
The Ring Theatre has general admission seating with chairs that can be removed to accommodate a wheelchair. The accessible entrance is outside the theatre in the deliveries driveway. To arrange wheelchair seating or learn more about the accessible entrance, call the Scales box office at 336-758-5295 or, if purchasing tickets online, make note of any needs in the comment box and staff will contact you.
Enter at the main gate. An accessible section is located about halfway down the concourse. All seating is general admission.
START is committed to making its exhibitions, programs, and services accessible to all who visit. A wheelchair accessible parking space and ramp are available; entry is at floor level.
Wait Chapel is wheelchair accessible and has designated wheelchair seating areas throughout the hall. A ramp from the main parking lot, Lot Q, is located next to the stairs. The wheelchair entrance to the chapel is located on the left side of the building (when facing the chapel from behind). Take the sidewalk to the left from the parking lot ramp, take a right after Davis Chapel and another ramp into the chapel with a wheelchair lift will be in sight.
Campus Recreation facilities meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance requirements and standards. An accessible entrance to Reynolds Gymnasium is located on the west side of the facility. The facility also features two elevators providing access to various activity spaces and offices. There is handicap parking available in front of the building.
The library is fully wheelchair accessible. The main doors in the front of the library have automatic door openers.