Family Weekend is an annual WFU tradition, providing the families of undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to visit their student, meet faculty, staff and other families, and connect with the campus in a deeper way. Each fall, the Family Weekend Committee coordinates a three-day schedule of activities for families.
This year, the dates for Family Weekend 2018 will be September 28-30, and we hope your family will attend!
Many Family Weekend events are offered at no additional charge with your Family Weekend registration. There are a small number of ticketed events. We encourage families to make their own schedule – there’s no right or wrong way to enjoy Family Weekend with your student. Choose from a wide variety of scheduled offerings, or branch out to explore local attractions.
Click the links below to explore Family Weekend opportunities!
Explore Ticketed Events
- An Afternoon at Reynolda House
- Golf Clinic with Dianne Dailey
- Theatre Department: Light up the Sky by Moss Hart
- Game Day Cookout
- Football Game versus Rice University
- Sunday Brunch
Explore Complimentary Events
Classes, Workshops & Enrichment
- Experience the WF Wellbeing Center
- Parent Workshops in Pugh Auditorium:
o Supporting Your Student While Choosing a Major
o Internship Search Strategies (Offered Friday and Saturday)
o Global Away 101
- Faculty Lecture: “10 Commonly-Used Macroeconomic Claims: Myth vs. Reality”
- Fitness Classes:
o Family Pilates
o Family Yoga
- Undergraduate Research Day
- Virtual Classroom: School of Law
Addresses & Open Houses
- Welcome Address by Nathan O. Hatch
- Departmental Open Houses
- Wake Downtown Open House
Museums & Performances
Questions about an event? Contact our office or the department hosting the event.